July 17, 2010

in my life early (bibles vii)

Before I was born, my parents and my brothers went on a vacation that included Cherokee and the Great Smokey Mountains, and then Chattanooga for Lookout Mountain, Chickamauga, Rock City and the Highland Park Baptist Church to hear Lee Robertson preach. They had heard him many times, in fact every week, every Sunday night via a live radio broadcast of the church service. Now they were going to visit the church and be a part of the live experience. It was like the Grand Old Opry would be to others.
Inscription: And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose. Romans 8:28



While there they met an older couple, the Pascals, known to all as Gran & Big Dad, who befriended them and invited them home for Sunday lunch. The meeting turned into a family friendship that lasted for years and years with many future visits so that I got to know them as well.