July 16, 2010

stephen olford (bibles vi)


For those who listen to preachers...do, used to, even may in the future...there is one preacher who is the best preacher you’ve ever heard. Can be lot of reasons, many that have more to do with the preached-to than the preacher, but something connects between the speaker and the listener, the teacher and the student, and it is obvious that this is the best preacher you've ever heard preach.


For me it was Stephen Olford. It was the teaching style, passionately-expository, with a confidence of hard facts delivered with a soft, excited fierceness in his eyes. I heard him as a sat in Ben Lippen's open air pavilion on a mountain overlooked the French Broad River Valley on successive summer nights. I was seven and a half years old and convinced.

Inscription: I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me. Galatians 2:20

The First Commandment a sermon delivered by Stephen Olford